Visa to ukraine is necessary for entering this country for citizens of a major part of modern countries. However, no visas are needed for people from the following countries: Hungary, Romania, Mongolia, Poland, Former USSR countries (but for Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia), citizens of EC, Japan, Canada, Switzerland and United States. Citizens of these countries are able to visit Ukraine with no a visa on business, private or tourist travel of not more than 90 days.
It means that people may enter Ukraine with just their passport and stay there for up to 3 months within any 6-month period. In case you are not a citizen from one of these countries or you are coming to the country for a much longer period, you are to get a visa to ukraine.
It is important to know that there are 4 types of Ukrainian visas, they are: private, tourist, business and transit. If you need to apply for Ukrainian tourist visa, you are to prepare a set of documents including a ukraine visa support Letter from the third party. The letter, prepared by travel agency, is a confirmation that a person is indeed going to visit Ukraine. This document can be faxed to a person for submission to the nearest Ukraine Consulate. In the past, it was enough to get hotel confirmation number and nothing more but not now. Ukrainian Consulates take fax copies of such documents all over the world. After receiving your Visa Support Letter it is time to apply for visa to ukraine.
There exist some ukraine visa requirements. So, to visit local Ukrainian Consulate you are to have the following documents:
1. Visa support letter/an invitation from a tourist agency.
2. Tourist Voucher – you may obtain it from a tourist agency via e-mail after making the hotel booking.
3. Passport (it should be valid for not less than 6 months after your arrival date).
4. Minimum 1 photo of passport of 35 x 45 mm size (remember that some Consulates require 3 ones).
5. Fulfilled visa application form.
6. Copy of your travel insurance policy (it is not always required).
7. The fee.
8. Copy of the flight tickets (it is not always required).
It is important to know that at some consulates, your passport photocopy is enough – at the other consulates they need to obtain the passport itself for issuing the visa. To get the detailed information you are to call the local consulate.
Standard term for processing of visa to ukraine is about 10 working days. Transit visa is produced within a pair working days.